Physics of highly ordered organic interfaces and layers
January 22 - 24, 2007
Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany
The intention of the seminar is to bring together scientists working in the field of organic (semiconducting) materials for an evaluation of what has been achieved and a discussion of future research directions. Certainly, the physics of organic semiconductors has continually gained importance in recent years. One reason for this is the very successful development of organic devices (e.g., OLEDs or OFETs). However, the high quality of ordered organic thin films is a powerful tool in itself too. It allows a wide range of experiments on fundamental physical properties of semiconducting organic materials and their interfaces. In this seminar we focus on this second aspect, and we plan to do this by intensive and informal discussions.
Topics of the seminar will include:A poster session will be held on January 22, 2007.
Structure and growth kinetics of organic films on surfaces, interface bonding of organic molecules, electronic structure, chemical synthesis, theoretical descriptions, transport-, optical-, superconducting-, and magnetic properties of highly ordered organic layers and materials, novel types of experiments.
Latest News (16.01.07): The program including all poster contributions has been fully completed now and is given below. It promisses a very interesting and stimulating seminar. We wish everybody a good journey to Bad Honnef and look forward to meet you there.
Moritz Sokolowski, Stefan Tautz
Invited Speakers (all confirmed)
- Fabio Biscarini, ISMN Bologna, I
- Stephen Blundell, University of Oxford, GB
- Aldo Brillante, Università di Bologna, I
- Torsten Fritz, TU Dresden
- Lutz Gade, Universität Heidelberg
- Leoor Kronik, Weizmann Institut, Rehovoth, Israel
- Joachim Krug, Universität Köln
- Christian Kumpf, Universität Würzburg
- Thomas Michely, RWTH Aachen
- Rolf Möller, Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Mike Ramsey, Universität Graz, A
- Michael Rohlfing, Universität Osnabrück
- Thomas Schmidt, Universität Würzburg
- Frank C. Spano, Temple University, USA
- Achim Schöll, Universität Würzburg
- Frank Schreiber, Universität Tübingen
- Rudolf Tromp, IBM Yorktown, USA
- Nobuo Ueno, Chiba University, J
- Xiaoyang Zhu, University of Minnesota, USA
- Jochen Wosnitza, FZ-Rossendorf
- Christof Wöll, Universität Bochum
- and more
Registration Deadline: Nov. 30, 2006. Registration is closed.
Fee: € 150,00
(includes conference fee and full board from January 21 (evening) to 24, 2007)
Downloads and Links
Registration Forms for Participants
last update Jan. 16, 2007