- The article
by Christoph Bannwarth, Jakob Seibert, and Prof. Stefan Grimme is listed among the most original and most
significant scientific findings published in Chirality
(Chirality Editor's Choice).
- Christoph Bannwarth from the group of Prof. Stefan Grimme was awarded a poster prize at the
8th MQM conference in Uppsala, Sweden.
- An article about carbon dioxide absorption in ionic liquids
from Dzmitry Firaha and Prof. Barbara Kirchner has been highlighted
on Angewandte Chemie.
A Horizon 2020 proposal
(within the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation)
of Prof. Koen Binnemans in which Prof. Dr. Barbara Kirchner and Dr. Oldamur Hollóczki participated has reached
the stage of Grant Agreement preparation.
Barbara Kirchner and Barbara Intemann have published a
News and Views article in Nature Chemistry.
- Stefan Grimme has been again elected as a member of the DFG Review Board (Fachkollegium) for Organic Molecular Chemistry.
- Dr. Eva Perlt, a Postdoc in the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner, has been awarded a
Sigrid Peyerimhoff prize for young scientist from the
Collaborative Research Center 813 (Chemistry at Spin Centers).
- A publication from Stefan Grimme,
Jan Gerit Brandenburg, Christoph Bannwarth, and Andreas Hansen
was highlighted at www.compchemhighlights.org.
J. Chem. Phys. has highlighted
the article by Gerit Brandenburg, Tilo Maas, and Stefan Grimme
as most innovative and influential in the field of chemical physics 2015
(JCP Editors' Choice for 2015).
- An article about the design of ionic liquids as CO2 absorbents
from the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner has been highlighted on
Nachrichten aus der Chemie.
- A publication on Angew. Chem. from Stefan Grimme and Andreas Hansen
was again highlighted at www.compchemhighlights.org.
- Dr. Oldamur Hollóczki from group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner published an article
which has been selected as back cover of issue 1,
2016 of Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics.
- Christoph Bannwarth and Christoph Bauer from the group of Prof. Stefan Grimme each won a poster prize at the STC 2015 conference in Potsdam.
- Stefan Grimme got the Karl-Ziegler Lectureship Award 2015 from the Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung Mülheim.
- Two recent publications of the Grimme group (on Angew. Chem.
and on Chem. Commun.)
were highlighted at www.compchemhighlights.org.
- A paper of the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner has been selected as a
hot paper of Angewandte Chemie.
- Barbara Kirchner has edited together with Frank Neese a
special issue on theoretical chemistry in
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics which is dedicated to "giving the younger generation of theoretical chemistry a forum".
- Dzmitry Firaha from the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner has been selected as a participant of the
65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting.
- A paper of the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner has been selected for one of the images to be used on the cover of the October 2014
issue of the Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data.
Stefan Grimme has been identified by Thomson Reuters (Web of Science) as belonging to about 3000 (top 1%) world-wide most cited scientists (top about 200 in chemistry) in 2014.
- A paper of the group of Prof. Stefan Grimme has been selected as a
"Angewandte Top Beitrag".
For his Master's thesis, Christoph Bannwarth, Ph.D. student in the group of Prof. Stefan Grimme, has been awarded the
Friedrich-Wilhelm-Preis 2013 by the RWTH Aachen University.
- The CPMD-Meeting 2013 in Leipzig has been organized by the group of Prof. Barbara Kirchner.
At the 50th meeting of the International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science (IAQMS) in Menton (France), Prof. Stefan Grimme was elected as a regular member, joining
a distinguished group of worldwide recognized Quantum- and Theoretical Chemists.
Prof. Stefan Grimme has been appointed as a member of the Kuratorium of the Angew. Chem.
The communication "Combinations of Ethers and B(C6F5)3 Function as Hydrogenation Catalysts", a collaboration by the groups of Prof. Doug W. Stephan (University of Toronto) and Prof. Stefan Grimme, has been chosen as "Hot Paper" in Angewandte Chemie (DOI: 10.1002/anie.201303166).
The two most cited papers in the first volumes of the new theoretical chemistry review journal WIREs Comput. Mol. Sci.
have been written by Prof. Stefan Grimme (on dispersion corrections in DFT) and Prof. Frank Neese (on the ORCA program system).
Frank Neese, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Mülheim an der Ruhr, has been appointed as
Honorary Professor of Theoretical Chemistry at the University of Bonn .
Dr. Immanuel Gadaczek has been awarded the
"Geheimrat Dr. ter-Meer-Preis" 2013
of the Universitätsgesellschaft Bonn for his Ph.D thesis in the group of Prof. Thomas Bredow.
The article "Estimating the Hydrogen Bond Energy" of
Katharina Wendler, Jens Thar, Stefan Zahn,and Barbara Kirchner
(DOI: 10.1021/jp103470e) is
one of the top most read articles in 2012 from The Journal of Physical Chemistry A.
- Prof. Barbara Kirchner accepted a professorship for Theoretical Chemistry at the University Bonn.
- Prof. Thomas Bredow has been awarded a
Lehrpreis of the University Bonn.
For his outstanding work on ab initio and density functional methods for large molecules Prof. Stefan Grimme
has been awarded the WATOC 2013 Schrödinger Medal.
On July 15th, 2011, the University of Ulm awarded a honorary doctorate to Prof. em. Dr. Sigrid D. Peyerimhoff.
Press release by the idw
Prof. Frank Neese left the University of Bonn on June 30th, 2011, and is now Director of the
Max-Planck-Institut for Bioinorganic Chemistry in Mülheim an der Ruhr.
His successor is Prof. Stefan Grimme from the University of Münster starting October 1st, 2011.